ch-scene - Continued Carolina Theatre excitement...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Elizabeth Shelton <interimistisch AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Continued Carolina Theatre excitement...
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

The last time I saw a film in there, it was Beatrice, and it was the last
night they were open to the public before closing in 1988. It was a very,
very, very small crowd. I don't think there were even a dozen people
there. I remember like maybe 5 or 6... so the question comes, were any
of you amch jokers there? Or did any of you see Beatrice at *any* point
during the Carolina's final film run before closing for nearly 6 years?
There are so many Durham folks on this list, it seems like someone else
shoulda been there--aye, but then, I think it *was* rated R... ;)

Here's the imdb link for Beatrice if ya need refreshing:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093709/

Uh...
Lizabeth