ch-scene - Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 12, Issue 9

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Thom Wiley <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 12, Issue 9
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:41:26 -0400

>>The musical response during Vietnam was more vigorous and effective
"partly because
>>the war then was drafting young people," said Levitin, who bills
himself as the Apple
>>Juice Kid. "I think people would respond if someone came out in a
serious way with a
>>statement against the war."

I think I have the ability to respond, in a serious way, to political thought.

Except who can be serious when something politcal is voiced by someone
calling himself, "the Apple Juice Kid."

-thom

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:40:52 -0400
> From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
> Subject: UNC Students: Sick of Political Music
> To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> Twenty-two year-old, Pennsylvania-based Knight-Ridder journalist and
> blogger parachutes into Chapel Hill, takes the pulse of the town, makes
> sweeping generalizations based on statements by students with funny
> Southern names:
>
> http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/news/special_packages/
> election2004/9861427.htm

I like to play poker with tarot cards...I get a full house and four people
die.

  • Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 12, Issue 9, Thom Wiley, 10/11/2004