ch-scene - Re: The Future Of Music

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: The Future Of Music
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:35:21 -0400

Duncan Murrell wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're not Amish.

That's Amish® Inc., a divsion of Monsanto. Didn't you listen to the MIDI?

You're right, I don't think they're Amish either. Their methods however seem like just the ticket to a tasty turkey. Free range, vegetarian fed, hormone and antibiotic free, etc. And nice people to boot. It's great dealing directly with the farm, and easy now that they deliver to my workplace. I had some of their eggs last night and they were so fresh they stood up in the pan (and proved quite tasty on the plate). Got some sausage to fry up this weekend. Might have to try a buffalo roast next. The turkey was more of an impulse and curiosity thing, though I'll admit I have high hopes.

I've been interested in that farm up on 86 that raises grass-fed Charolais. Has anyone tried them out?

And this is definitely who I want raising my bird:
<http://www.nuhorizonsfarm.com/_photos/wbuff10.jpg>

--rt