ch-scene - Re: The Future Of Music

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: The Future Of Music
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:26:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> What if you just make everything else bigger?

dude, i can barely fit through the door as it is. a
magic pill to just shrink everything down would be
fine. you know, get small like we used to.

i just got back from austria. they got your damn
turduckens. and just about anything else where meat is
stuffed with meat.

here we are getting stuffed with meat and beer at
salzburg's version of ocktoberfest with our little
tour company stickers on so we don't get lost:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194781563RgATKU

that's not turducken on my plate, though. those are
FRIED PORK RIBS! kassler ripperl, they call it. it was
nasty good. i eat this shit because not eating shit
makes you a social moron, right? hep, you have to get
on this ripperl right away.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194781730DwzOWk

those were the "small" beers by the way.

you shoulda seen the honey who took those photos.
idunno what she was stuffed with, but it sure made her
leather bib stand out. i'd have taken a picture of
her, but i couldn't fit her all in the picture frame.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194780856SSMSDU
http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194781061UstQjn
http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194781355BDxwMu

you should go on a bus tour with drunken hindi
sometime. they are funnier than humorless japanese
tourists. they can't get a picture of the oompah band
without formatting the flash card, but they can manage
to snap the little kids and senior citizens dancing.
they about fell in the alpine glacial lake beside the
red bull factory. hilarity ensued. this was after a
couple of dozen mini bottles of apricot schnapps. none
of that sissy free red bull and vodka they were
handing out for us.

and of course, you can't leave the country this drunk
without buying a stupid hat:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/194776773/194785684PcODAz

3