ch-scene - RE: If the Indy award posed with a gun, would you vote anyway?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Anne Gomez" <annemgomez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: If the Indy award posed with a gun, would you vote anyway?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:31:33 -0400

The discussion was great. We talked about the sampling decision and its
impact on hip-hop and other genres (even Cantwell, Gomez and Jordan use
samples -- who knew?)

Do we? I know we've quoted parts of songs (by playing them ourselves), but I can't think where we've used any samples. But I know Cantwell was on a panel, so maybe he's remembering something I'm not.