ch-scene - Starlite deserves help

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: brussell AT ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Starlite deserves help
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

<http://indyweek.com/durham/current/backtalk.html>

Starlite deserves help
If you enjoyed a movie at the Starlite, you may have noticed the gun shop
when you rose for some popcorn or some other fine concession. My reaction
was a kind of muted "eek!" since I don't encounter many guns in my daily
life. But it was pretty clear that the gun shop and video store and the
Starlite itself were a labor of love by an eclectic entrepreneur. None of
the endeavors at the Starlite can be very profitable, but taken all
together, it has sustained the business for many years, and I'm grateful
for that.

I can't imagine trying to solve the neighborhood's gun problems by
discouraging a merchant, but that should be left to another endless
debate. I do know that the Starlite needs our help if we don't want to
lose another small outdoor movie venue. You can find the latest news and
even donate online at www.saveourstarlite.org.
Sean Korb
Raleigh