ch-scene - Chicks Rock Saturday (Gerty, CG&J, Audubon Park) -- plus Durham Rocks & Natasha

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: msfilms AT hotmail.com (Niku)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Chicks Rock Saturday (Gerty, CG&J, Audubon Park) -- plus Durham Rocks & Natasha
  • Date: 8 Sep 2004 12:45:49 -0700

hey all!
this saturday is #3 of chicks rock and everyone who's gone can tell
you, it's a wholesome and yet rockin' good time. the shows have been
going really well, and the turnout has been wonderful -- not only in
numbers but in enthusiastic, friendly people. yay Durham! yay music
scene!

This show is Gerty, Cantwell Gomez and Jordan and Audubon Park. A.P.
was booked to this show before the DNA tests had come back -- oops!
but thanks anyway for playing, it should be lotsa fun. We start at 9pm
and you can come anytime after 8pm, get a drink, meet new people etc.
They're at Ooh La Latte, 1116 Broad street in Durham. The cover is 6
bucks, and all proceeds go to fund the Ms. Films Festival, in
February.

The shows are all ages and everyone is welcome. Ooh La Latte is
non-smoking. wonderful beverages are available -- fancy sodas, coffee,
wine in a can, music-lovers beer, etc.

Also, a few exciting things that will be there in addition to the
great rock:

--The Durham Rocks Compilation which has been much lauded on this very
list will be available for sale! This is a very fun comp,put out in a
joint effort by our friends of 307 Knox Records and DADA.

--Natasha the Band is on long-term hiaitus while two of her members go
to college on opposite coasts. Lucky for us they just put out a CD and
have made a special edition* available whose proceeds will all benefit
Ms. Films. *The edition is different in that we'll have it available
for sale at chicks rock and other ms. films events, that it will
feature a fabric cd case cozy and some extras. The rock/pop/goodness
is pure unadulterated Natasha. Thanks Natasha for helping us out! you
rock like no other!

--of course we'll have our booty too -- handmade or handprinted
designs, chicks rock, etc. check out our merch! it's cute and
affordable! and for a good cause...

--For the many dedicated in the Chicks Rock cult club -- i.e. this
will be the 3rd show you've gone to and you've been getting your
special punchcard punched, be sure to pick up your Ms. Films shirt at
the merch table! Bring your card. And if this is only your 2nd show,
remember that Chicks Rock DIY Day will be your chance to pick up your
Ms. Films shirt. These will also be available for sale.

thanks for listening to this ramble and see you Saturday!
xo
Niku

  • Chicks Rock Saturday (Gerty, CG&J, Audubon Park) -- plus Durham Rocks & Natasha, Niku, 09/08/2004