ch-scene - Re: advice sought: guitar for 15 YO beginner?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Simonsen <fracas66 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: advice sought: guitar for 15 YO beginner?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:40:31 -0700 (PDT)

I am unloading a mess of music gear (mostly vintage) that I have amassed over
the years (I have been reading a book on Feng Shui). Some of it might appeal
to the 15YO (especially some of my less expensive amplifiers- a couple of old
Kalamazoo tube amps and some small Fender solid state). I also have some
bigger nicer amps of all sorts (Kustom heads, a Marshall cab, some Fender
stuff), some Guild and Gibson acoustics, some Kay and Harmony archtops, a
huge collection of vintage and NOS stompboxes (effects), two German fiddles,
a Bundy student flute, piano and keyboard accessories (I am a piano
technician and repair other instruments as well). I also need to find a home
for a turn of the century Square Grand Piano (a beautiful piece of furniture
that could also be restored to decent playing condition). Please email me to
view any of it. Thanks- Mark fracas66 AT yahoo.com

jane <witten AT email.unc.edu> wrote:big "THANK YOU"s to all who shared
their thoughts on this question.
all replies, and any future ones,
have been, or will be forwarded to
my co-worker. some of them echo,