ch-scene - Raleigh 101

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Michael Lang <mjlang1979 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Raleigh 101
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings everyone! I posted on here a month or so ago inquiring about where
to live in Raleigh. Well, I'm here now, and I'm trying to get oriented to
everything. I found a place in Historic Oakwood and am quite happy with it,
so thanks to all of you who gave advice. Any suggestions for quality places
to drink beer/coffee in the city? Is anyone else conflicted on whether to go
to Wilco or the Drive-By Truckers on Sept 25th?

Take care,
Michael.

>From ron AT fuzzsonic.com Mon Aug 16 17:39:31 2004
> Greetings everyone! I posted on here a month or so ago inquiring
> about where to live in Raleigh. Well, I'm here now, and I'm trying
> to get oriented to everything. I found a place in Historic Oakwood
> and am quite happy with it, so thanks to all of you who gave advice.
> Any suggestions for quality places to drink beer/coffee in the city?
> Is anyone else conflicted on whether to go to Wilco or the Drive-By
> Truckers on Sept 25th?

Michael,

Welcome to town. Don't know what yr preferences are, but a good few
places to try are Flying Saucer and King's (beer) and Cup-A-Joe and
Third Place (coffee). You might also be interested in Moonlight, Lily's
and Capital Creations (pizza), Char-Grill (burgers) and the Rockford
(drinks).

And it sounds like you may need to know about these folks:
<http://www.guitartown.org/>, a very active and enthusiastic community
of twang-rockers and beer-drinkers. They're just the ones to help you
with that Wilco vs. DBT conundrum.

--rt