ch-scene - RE: Hey! My hearing came back!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Heather Russell" <HeatherRussell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Hey! My hearing came back!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:20:27 -0400

This one was all levels -- from girls that had never played an instrument
before up to girls that had been playing for a while. Some knew how to play
one instrument but were learning how to play another. And I'd say many had
just been taking your regular classical music lessons and this was their
first experience actually getting to play ROCK, so everyone was a beginner
in some way.

The nice thing is that they emphasized all the other things you can besides
just being in the band -- writing a zine, screen-printing t-shirts and
making buttons, being a DJ at a radio station, etc.

The zines, shirts and buttons they made were actually pretty cool - I wish I
could have sat in with them when they were learning all that stuff. Got me
wishing there was a camp just like this for adults :)

- Heather