ch-scene - Re: Hey! My hearing came back!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Tim Harper" <tharper AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Hey! My hearing came back!
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 05:56:54 GMT

"Thom Wiley" <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com> wrote in message
cf79c1c04080204551c7d13f AT mail.gmail.com">news:cf79c1c04080204551c7d13f AT mail.gmail.com...
> The party was definitely at Go! this past Friday. I'm going to miss that
place.

> Natasha was a really fun band; they had the whole crowd cheering them
> on. Good rockin', girls, snappy tunes. Maybe a reunion gig when you
> all graduate from college?
>
> Roxotica - you girls are going to be missed. It will be that day in
> the future when I am humming some tune, and I won't be able to place
> it. Then it will hit me as one of your songs and I will wonder that it
> seemed like yesterday when you all were on stage. It was truly fun.
>
> Geez. Now it comes to those guys in Razzle. Like a Louisiana bayou
> bordello: loud and raw. It's amazing that Cantwell, Wall, and Rob have
> strings on their guitars and Bjorkback still has drum heads. Man, what
> a show. What? Yeah, I know by now that any Razzle show needs earplugs
> but I'll keep the ringing in my ears like an aftertaste of a very
> robust scotch.
>
> As all things end, this night closed on good memories, wistful
> questions of future directions, and a new CD in my hand. Yeah, I
> wasn't part of the trendy, hip Merge weekend. But saying goodbye was
> more important.
>

> Cheers,
> thom

God, I love U all!.

While I'm businying being a 'family/workin man' you are all out there taking
in the beauty of what is Chapel Hill/ Carrboro nitelife. Thank you, thank
you, for keeping the place awesome. If it wasn't for you folks, it would be
the same as bahama. Hard for me to express the luv completely. smooches. . .
Tim