ch-scene - Re: Durham practice spaces

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: camelflytes AT yahoo.com (Jo Lynne Turner)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Durham practice spaces
  • Date: 30 Jun 2004 09:00:16 -0700

While the Ample Storage on Hillsborough Rd in Durham used to be
band-friendly back in 2000-2001, when I tried to get back in there in
May, the on-site manager was not having any of it. She even said she
ripped out all the electrical work from the non-climate controlled
spaces. Rather odd.

Not quite ironically, the Ample Storage off of Hillsborough ST in
Raleigh also wasn't band-friendly either.

Oxford Road Ample has been treating me fine for the past few months as
well.

Other band-friendly Amples in the triangle (at least at some point in
the past 7 years):
In Cary, kind of near the morrisville movie theatre
In Raleigh, south of downtown.
In Raleigh, north near brentwood.

D.Heller

news:<116374312.1088525960 AT phillipg.oit.duke.edu>...