ch-scene - Re: Durham practice spaces

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Phillip Grosshans <phillipg AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham practice spaces
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:32:06 -0400

Ample Storage. Various locations in Durham.

we split our space with 4 bands which makes it very reasonable. Blackstrap and Des Ark have been up at the Oxford Road Ample Storage for almost 2 years. works for us. very interesting acoustics with concrete and plaster walls. Oxford Road might be the only one with similar space (I think the others are all aluminum walls). Only downside: No climate control (at least for the non-aluminum space). But, 2 space heaters and a pair of fans make it bearable in the winter and summer.

-pg