ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of June 24, 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendyatlostpladotnet AT example.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of June 24, 2004
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:16:57 -0400

grady wrote:
and Blackstrap are apparently playing at something called Mr. Shoe in Durham on Saturday

I'm not entirely clear yet on what the something called Mr. Shoe is, but it's also known as the Durham Arts Initiative, aka DAI. Durham is becoming the City of Cultural Acronyms with the letters "D" and "A" in them. It occupies the former Mr. Shoe shop on Main Street. Informed sources tell me that they have recently installed *gold lame curtains*. Which is something we should all support. And Blackstrap will be sharing the stage with the SheMamas and Shanna Scudder. Last I heard, Shanna is planning on performing with her band.

http://blackstrap.org/photos/shoe.gif

Bendy