ch-scene - Re: These pants are too tight, and I'm in a bad mood..com'on tell me about improv?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: These pants are too tight, and I'm in a bad mood..com'on tell me about improv?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:19:57 -0400

uhhh, no

Maybe if you could provide URLs for these supposed "lot of stuff on the web/blogs" we might have something to say.

Otherwise, "improv" will continue to mean "skronky noisy stuff that Walt Davis listens to."

And yes, some of *those* events are pretty funny.

xo

Ross

My friend Phil said, wrote:
Can someone explain briefly what the improv thing is about ..in Chapel
Hill of course? I'm seeing a lot of stuff on the web/blogs from and
about improv groups and individuals. Lots of conferences and clubs. I
see there are a number of them/ clubs and groups in Chapel-hill and
other NC locals. My take on it is that it's some kinda voluntary
association of comic wanta bees.. but it's hard to tell and I could be
wrong. It seems to go hand in hand with the blogging tendency.
Are any of these event s funny or they mostly support groups in
denial?
Thanks in advance for the education.