ch-scene - What the heck is improv?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: What the heck is improv?
  • Date: 2 Jun 2004 14:43:18 -0700

Can someone explain briefly what the improv thing is about ..in Chapel
Hill of course? I'm seeing a lot of stuff on the web/blogs from and
about improv groups and individuals. Lots of conferences and clubs. I
see there are a number of them/ clubs and groups in Chapel-hill and
other NC locals. My take on it is that it's some kinda voluntary
association of comic wanta bees.. but it's hard to tell and I could be
wrong. It seems to go hand in hand with the blogging tendency.
Are any of these event s funny or they mostly support groups in
denial?
Thanks in advance for the education.

  • What the heck is improv?, My friend Phil said,, 06/02/2004