ch-scene - [Internationalist Books] The Internationalist Grill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Internationalist Books <ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>
  • To: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Internationalist Books] The Internationalist Grill
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:42:06 -0400

Internationalist Books and Community Center will be grilling out at Weaver Street Market's After Hours on Thursday, June 3rd, from 6 to 8pm. We'll be serving up meaty & veggie burgers and hotdogs, along with potato salad and tasty grilled corn. You can have a great meal & support a great cause!

The Saludos Compay Trio will be playing music on the lawn, and you'll get to enjoy a fabulous evening with your fellow citizens of Chapel Hill & Carrboro. This is an important fundraiser for the Internationalist, helping us through the summer months when the students are away. If you can't make it to the cookout, drop by the store and check out the great selection of bumper stickers, magazines, and new books we have in stock right now.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

OTHER NEWS

June 5-6 The Carrboro Poetry Festival this weekend at the Carrboro Century Center, will feature readings from 40 poets, including Carl Martin, Gerald Barrax, Jaki Shelton Green, Jeffrey Beam, John Balaban, Lou Lipsitz, shirlette ammons and others.
http://carrboropoetryfestival.org/

June 18-20 Internationalist Books will be representing the 919 at the Allied Media Conference in Bowling Green, Ohio.
http://clamormagazine.org/amc/

HELP US OUT

You can now use our website to renew your membership and purchase a new membership for yourself or as a gift. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Internationalist Books. We depend on your support to continue in our mission of amplifying the voices of marginalized people and movements by improving access to information vital to a just and democratic society and by supporting local and global movements for justice.

click here --> http://internationalistbooks.org/about/members/

THANK YOU!

Internationalist Books
405 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516

http://internationalistbooks.org/

###

  • [Internationalist Books] The Internationalist Grill, Internationalist Books, 06/02/2004