ch-scene - FCC - Fight Clear Channel (Mon June 7, 5:30pm)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: christine AT indiciti.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FCC - Fight Clear Channel (Mon June 7, 5:30pm)
  • Date: 2 Jun 2004 11:42:11 -0700

FCC - Fight Clear Channel

Show your support for independent musicians, artists, producers, promoters,
stage hands, college radio and those who believe in the First Amendment.
Clear Channel has brought a proposal to the city of Durham for a 4,000 seat
Event Center. This center would be owned by the city and managed by Clear
Channel.

City Council is meeting on Monday, June 7, at City Hall in Downtown Durham
to grant the development group a four-month extension on the project. Please
help us get the message across to City Council that we don't want this
company in our community.

Please come to Blue Coffee Company Downtown (202 Corcoran Street - corner of
Parrish St) at 5:30 pm on Monday, June 7. There will be a gathering and
musical performances by:

Sara Bell (shark quest, regina hexaphone)
Eric Roehrig (erie choir, sorry about dresden)
Dave Bjorkback (torch marauder)
Zeno Gill (the sames)

and perhaps others

After the music, we'll head over to City Hall to voice our opposition to
this project and Clear Channel's involvement. If you want to speak in front
of City Council, you will have an opportunity to sign up. Otherwise, please
just come to the Council meeting and show your support. Your voice and
presence WILL make a difference.

Please forward this widely.