ch-scene - Re: Can someone give me a taste check.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philipayers AT yahoo.com (My friend Phil said,)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Can someone give me a taste check.
  • Date: 14 May 2004 19:58:56 -0700

ok I guess I was asking for that but what I meant...was......it's so
so easy to like that song...totally not a challenge, unlike something
that grows on you and unlike any of his other work.. I tend not to
trust first impressions, but I kept listening and I like what I keep
hearing. I love all the little things, lyrics, the ornate rock, the
voice. THE MOOD. I guess I was wondering why adams is so
inconsistant?...not only in quality and invention, but because overall
he seems to be too eclectic to make sense. So I listen to that one cut
and Woooow, it's powerfully subtle for how simple it is, and
everything else I've heard pales and doesn't fit. Or maybe "Anybody.."
doesn't fit? It may be that I'm expecting someone who could create a
such a song as "Anybody wanna take me home" could create a whole world
with all those little things at least 50% of the time. If so, I'd
guess we'd be talking MAJOR artist. I have big doubts. So I guess I'm
really saying I doubt Adams is as good, and as authentic as he made
that song sound??

news:<20040514145520.36726.qmail AT web40614.mail.yahoo.com>...