ch-scene - Will Chapel-Hill/Carrboro be next?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jason AT nc.rr.com (Jason M. Sullivan)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Will Chapel-Hill/Carrboro be next?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:43:37 GMT

I've been hearing quite a bit about places I used to live (Oregon, New
York), following San Fransisco's lead of municipal disobedience and handing
out marriage licenses and then I realized...

Chapel Hill/Carrboro's right around the corner, when do they start?

I realize it's not the county seat (and I know Portland, OR is, and I'm
pretty sure New Paltz, NY is), but it's the most likely place to start
doing this in NC. So is there a push to start doing this locally? Is our
state constitution as open as Oregon's?

--
//// Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries