ch-scene - Re: Recommend a place to get car stereo repaired?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT example.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Recommend a place to get car stereo repaired?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:09:23 -0500

grady AT ibiblio.org wrote:

If you're really anti-disposable-culture (yay you!) and it's a stock radio (i.e. came with the car) then head over to Wagner's or your junkyard of choice, and trade them for a working one of the same model/vintage. They'll probably charge you like $30.

Or you could do like I did, which was to find instructions on extracting the tape deck from the dashboard, then disassembling the deck and removing the stuck tape. Thus breaking the device completely, even the tuner. Now I get to have my new radio and feel PC too.

bendy (still wearing headphones while driving. look out.)