ch-scene - Invite to the benefit show this Friday at De La Luz

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: sorren AT mindspring.com (Sakura-San)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Invite to the benefit show this Friday at De La Luz
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:32:39 -0000

Friends and Romans,

I get to throw a party at someone else's place, yay!!! This Friday
night, some cool people are going to be playing at TB/De La Luz in
Carrboro for the grand finale of the benefit Festival de la Luz.
Doors open around 8pm. We hope there will be food, but there will
definitely be non-alcoholic beverages, cold ones and also coffee with
the option of cream and sugar. There will be twinkling lights,
glitter, and magical midwinter grooviness. DJ Marco of Solid! Sound
Systems will be bumpin' before during and after the show. The first
act is jphono, a stripped-down version of North Elementary but with a
special female guest. Then Go*Machine come and bring the rock.
Finally, in a burst of pyrotechnics, the entrancing sounds of The
Balance, featuring members of Ashley Stove, Portastatic and one other
band whose name is escaping my slightly hung-over brain, will round
out the evening.

Here are some lovely links ot the websites of each of the bands who
will be doing their thing this Friday

The Balance http://www.thebalanceband.com

go*machine http://www.gomachinemusic.com

J-Phono of North Elementary http://www.northelementary.com

dj marco http://www.thehoneymachine.com

You can go to http://home.mindspring.com/~sorren/delaluzbenefits/ for
information and mission statement of the benefits and all that jazz.
Feel free to pass this invite on to whomever you think would be
interested.

Incidentally, not only was the full moon a few days ago, but the 12th
is the day of the year in which the people of Mexico celebrate the
Virgin de Guadalupe.

Yours Truly,

Rachel

  • Invite to the benefit show this Friday at De La Luz, Sakura-San, 12/11/2003