ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Why use CC

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Brian Ssennoga <brians AT coss.ug>
  • To: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Why use CC
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:53:14 +0300

Alex,

I think that's an interesting idea. Am sure right now, you can easily get an interest group in Broadcasting and Multi-Media because Uganda is grappling with Copyrights - especially in the Arts and Media. Being able to have an alternative, for the local Ugandan artist and/or teacher to know that their is a non-expensive way to protect their IP while sharing appropriately, within their desired realm is a good idea.

I would certainly run this idea by our University Librarian, and see what she thinks.

But certainly, "loosely" congregated interest groups that can help to form value propositions, should create an interesting bottom-up frenzy of CC users and enthusiasts.

Brian