ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Why use CC

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru AT gmail.com>
  • To: Abbas Mahmood <abbasjnr AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Why use CC
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:17:24 +0300

Hi Abbas,

This is a great question! I relate it to Brian Ssennoga's request for value propositions to a university (and other potential users of CC licences in Africa.) Unless I am mistaken, Uganda Regional Meeting highlighted the need to develop targeted value propositions? Considering which, would the affiliates like us to establish, for lack of a better word, "Interest Groups", for random examples,OER, Publishers, Business Models, audio/visual, etc. etc.? The idea here being facilitating ground-up, self-forming, "loose" networks/associations around issues/areas of common interest? Borrowing from Brian's example, a "Universities Interest Group" would explore, draft and share value propositions for a University to adopt CC. Of course, complimenting work by other groups, teams and staff.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Alex