cc-uk - live stream network? (was: Re: [Cc-uk] Creative Commons, Free Culture and Free Software: Workshop)

  • From: Andrea Rota <andrea AT maven.org.uk>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: live stream network? (was: Re: [Cc-uk] Creative Commons, Free Culture and Free Software: Workshop)
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:05:10 +0100

Hi,
thank you for your input on this!

As CC people interact over many boundaries, this makes me think about
the opportunity of planning some sort of live conferencing (at least
an Ogg Vorbis stream to remote event guests and the possibility for them
to interact with speakers and public in the live event at least via
Jabber!). I'll raise the point on Wednesday during the event at
Goldsmiths, when discussing possible future developments of the local
students society.

A lightweight distributed conferencing network would surely help social
networking and exchange of ideas in the CC community.

all the best,
Andrea Rota
Liquid Culture, Goldsmiths College

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 05:52:13PM +0100, Improbulus wrote:
[...]
> Regarding this workshop, it sounds very interesting but for many of us
> who work during the day, it will be virtually impossible to get there
> for 5pm.
>
> Would you please take this factor into consideration in relation to
> the timetabling of future workshops? (unless of course you're planning
> to make it student-only)
>
> Cheers, and I hope that someone will be reporting on the outcome of
> the workshop as I'd like to hear all about it.
[...]