cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] Creative Commons, Free Culture and Free Software: Workshop

  • From: Ben Dembroski <info AT arthacking.org>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] Creative Commons, Free Culture and Free Software: Workshop
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:37:39 +0100

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:18:50 +0100
"Paul Harkins" <paul AT extrayardmusic.co.uk> wrote:

> MessageHi Hector
>
> I had the idea recently of setting up a 'Copyright in the Digital Age' type
> seminar for people in the music industry and inviting people like Simon
> Frith and Pat Kane (a supporter of CC) to speak.
>
> Glasgow would probably be the better location for an event like that but
> holding a more general event in Edinburgh about creativity and copyright
> could be really good and I would love to see it happen.
>
> Best.
>
> Paul
>
> Extra Yard Music
> 81 1/M Dunnikier Road
> Kirkcaldy
> KY1 2QW
>
> t: 01592 560521
> m: 07752 086309
> w: www.extrayardmusic.co.uk

Hi guys,

I am currently undergoing a PhD candidcy at the Glasgow School of Art. The
topic of the research is related to copyright and the Open Content method.
www.arthacking.org

I would be more than happy to help facilitate something like this happening,
and I am sure that I can get the school on board, as far as helping with
venue. I also have some contacts at the CCA in Glasgow, and this seems
exactly like the kind of thing they would be interested in.

HTH,

Ben