cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK (CC-Scotland, CC-EW, CC-N.Ireland) etc

  • From: John Howkins <john AT johnhowkins.com>
  • To: Jonathan Mitchell <website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info>, <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK (CC-Scotland, CC-EW, CC-N.Ireland) etc
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:21:59 +0000

As an Englishman, a supporter of CC, an observer of the drafting of these
licences and someone who often negotiates contracts in film/TV, can I say
that just as I would always state a contract's relevant law (in my case, the
law of England and Wales) so it is an absolute necessity to have CC licences
for each UK jurisdiction, of equal status, and I can't imagine why anyone
would think otherwise.
(And the UK is not the same as GB - we've had a civil war over that issue
for a few years now)
John