cc-uk - RE: [Cc-uk] CC-UK (CC-Scotland, CC-EW, CC-N.Ireland) etc

  • From: "Hector MacQueen" <hector.macqueen AT ed.ac.uk>
  • To: "'Prodromos Tsiavos'" <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>, <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Cc-uk] CC-UK (CC-Scotland, CC-EW, CC-N.Ireland) etc
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:26:15 -0000

Dear Prodromos

Thanks for this constructive approach. Jonathan and I have just been
discussing (in real time, over two cups of coffee) the way forward here
in Scotland, and I don't think we (but I can only speak for myself here)
will have too much difficulty with what you suggest regarding "CC-UK".
"CC-GB" might have its own inaccuracies with regard to Northern Ireland,
(to say nothing of Isle of Man, Channel Islands etc which aren't part of
UK either). Happy to continue discussions online, and happy with what
you say re integrity right. I don't think Scots version will end up
very different in effect from EW or any other CC licence.

Best

Hector

************************

Hector L MacQueen
Professor of Private Law
Director, AHRB Research Centre for Studies in Intellectual Property and
Technology Law
University of Edinburgh
Old College
South Bridge