cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] cc.org.nz

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jonathan Ah Kit <jonathan AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Brian Opie <Brian.Opie AT vuw.ac.nz>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] cc.org.nz
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:40:50 -0500

Hi,

strypey AT riseup.net wrote:
Happy new Gregorian year!

Yes -- and if I got it right, happy Julian Calendar new year for today! Well, if my time zones are right (Jan 14 Gregorian = Jan 1 Julian it seems this year). And I'm still waiting for a good dumping of snow in this town!

I think it would also be good for cc.org.nz to be a regularly updated
portal with profiles of Aotearoa creators using cc licenses and
announcements about copyleft/ free culture relevant events and
developments in the country. One way to do this is to use a blogging
engine and have a pool or researcher/ writers to add this content. I'm
happy to do some of this in 2007 and beyond. I could make some
suggestions about software but it would probably be best for me to talk
directly to one of the engineers about that rather than passing geek
talk through a third party ;)

What about a content database? Would need 'protection' from adverts or other spam but would be fun for teachers and other educators to point their students to for resources for their assignments (referenced, of course).

Anyway, sorry that I won't be able to help much this term with physical presence -- I'll be back from Penn State in May, however. Hopefully having had one knee-deep pile of snow, too.

Have fun,
Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Ah Kit - Lower Hutt - New Zealand - hydro AT electric.gen.nz
jonathan AT metalab.unc.edu - http://www.ibiblio.org/ahkitj/