cc-nz - [Cc-nz] cc.org.nz

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "strypey AT riseup.net" <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: Brian Opie <Brian.Opie AT vuw.ac.nz>, "Creative Commons Aotearoa (NZ)" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] cc.org.nz
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 02:45:44 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Happy new Gregorian year!

Brian, just remembered I was was going to email you about site design
for cc.org.nz.

I pretty much laid out my ideas during our talk at your building at Vic.
Obviously the site needs the full text of all the licenses.and
explanations of how to choose licenses and use them (eg tech tips on
using metadata to tag files with license info). CC.org has good examples
for this:
http://creativecommons.org/license/

I think it would also be good for cc.org.nz to be a regularly updated
portal with profiles of Aotearoa creators using cc licenses and
announcements about copyleft/ free culture relevant events and
developments in the country. One way to do this is to use a blogging
engine and have a pool or researcher/ writers to add this content. I'm
happy to do some of this in 2007 and beyond. I could make some
suggestions about software but it would probably be best for me to talk
directly to one of the engineers about that rather than passing geek
talk through a third party ;)

A links/allies page would be good also. I really like the idea of formal
link exchanges (mutual endorsement) with other sites forming an
informational network with very little administration.

If any of this isn't clear or you have any others ideas/ questions you
want me to think about or comment on please let me know. I will be
heading up to Tamaki Makaurau soon to help prepare for the Indymedia
Convergence (2-4 Feb). I will be back in Poneke at the end of Feb after
my Massey Field Work course.

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions for the development of the
cc.org.nz site, please remember to cc Brian (Brian.Opie AT vuw.ac.nz) who
is co-ordinating the design process as he is not on the list.

Regards
Strypey