cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Process overview

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Process overview
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:10:00 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Looks like the license translation is going well. This page on the CC website has a useful summary of the steps we have to go through to be accepted as the Aotearoa/ New Zealand localisation of CC:
http://creativecommons.org/worldwide/overview

I have sent an email to the three people at CC I have communicated with so far to confirm who we should liase with about moving through this process. It's a shame I didn't bring this along to the meeting at the National Library as it clarifies some of the confusion we had about the nature of the 'Project Lead'.

My interpretation is that CC expects one of the lawyers involved in the translation to step forward as the 'Project Lead'. Then CC expects either a law firm, university or other institution they are professionally associated with to step forward as the sponsoring institution.

RnB
Strypey

--
"Without love a beating heart is just a clock ticking."
- quoted in the movie 'Equilibrium'

mobile: 021 11 77 578
Community Webspace: http://www.enzyme.org.nz/
Artist Rights: http://www.creativecommons.org/

Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express. Windows on a PC
block viruses like windows on a house block sunlight ;)

  • [Cc-nz] Process overview, Danyl Strype, 10/09/2006