cc-metadata - [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Renato Iannella <renato AT iannella.it>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:45:12 +1000

On 9 Mar 2006, at 16:00, Björn Lindström wrote:

Of course you can add metadata describing the license in more than one
format, or add metadata describing several licenses, for that matter.

Bjorn, I am not sure what you mean by this, but let me be more clearer.

The key point to remember is that the CC Licenses are not extendable.
What I mean by this is that if you add any extra "metadata" to an existing
RDF/XML CC license, then you are no longer representing a CC License.

You have created a NEW license with new terms and conditions, and these
can not be associated with any of the Human/Legal code for the fixed CC Licenses.

Cheers

Renato