cc-metadata - [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:15:09 -0800 (PST)

How could I go about extending CC meta-data to include some of these common characteristics?

I'm just acknowledging the existance of these characteristics that impact control over the user's experience, privacy and system security.  I'm not justifying whether the terms are legal, enforcable or appropriate.

Restrictions:
-no third-party software
-no reverse engineering
-no transfers
-no hosting
-no benchmarks or analysis
-age limitations

Contents:
-displays advertising
-intercepts or redirects web traffic
-collects system information
-collects usage information
-collects personal information
-contains DRM
-contains usage restricting technologies
-incompatibility can degrade performance

Brian