cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi AT yahoo.com>, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] Extending CC Meta-Data
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:51:22 -0800

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 12:15 -0800, Brian Erdelyi wrote:
> How could I go about extending CC meta-data to include some of these
> common characteristics?

You wouldn't be extending CC metadata, you'd be defining a new
vocabulary. If you used RDF (which I recommend) it would coexist with
CC metadata -- you're just making additional assertions about a
resource, e.g., a web page.

You probably want to look for other people working on "policy aware web"
vocabularies (e.g., PICS) and attempt to collaborate with them and if
nobody is interested start your own mailing list to develop your
vocabulary.

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21