cc-metadata - Re: opensearch url, syntax

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Adam Fisk <afisk AT speedymail.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: opensearch url, syntax
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:08:45 -0400

Hi Mike-

Thanks very much for the info. So, it sounds like they're probably just doing a plain old CC search and just transforming CC results to their XML format on their own -- basically scraping the HTML. Probably not that hard to do.

I appreciate the info -- very helpful to know you guys didn't implement it on your end actually.

Thanks again.

-Adam

Mike Linksvayer wrote:

I believe someone from A9 added the CC search engine. I don't remember
what is involved although I saw their presentation at Etech and intended
to do whatever necessary to support it. Unfortunately I don't remember
much of anything.

If there isn't an obvious way to find out I'll dig up an A9 contact and
find out what they've done and what we ought to do.

Apologies for this late and unhelpful reply,
Mike