cc-metadata - Re: opensearch url, syntax

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Adam Fisk <afisk AT speedymail.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: opensearch url, syntax
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:29:55 -0400

Anyone out there on this one? I realize it doesn't directly relate to metadata, but seeing as this is the primary cc devel list, I thought it appropriate. Do you guys just not want the general public using this for now? If so, that's fine. Just trying to figure out what the deal is =).

-adam

Adam Fisk wrote:

I noticed CC uses the A9 opensearch format. Is the "OpenSearch Description Document" for CC available anywhere, or can you just post the URL and paramater names to use? Any way to post this information somewhere on the site so third party applications can also make use of it? Is there a better way to do the same thing without scraping HTML?

Thanks everyone.

-Adam