cc-metadata - Re: licence urls [was BitTorrent

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Kevin Marks <cc AT mediagora.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: licence urls [was BitTorrent
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:34:42 -0800

On Jan 26, 2005, at 10:10 PM, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

Kevin Marks wrote:
Looking up the licence root on Technorati give the most popular licences for the last 12 hours:
http://www.technorati.com/cosmos/search.html? rank=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcreativecommons.org%2Flicenses

Neat. I guess that this search is not restricted to pages with a rel="license" qualifier, as I see sites that don't have it.

Indeed; I do see a few thousand with the rel="license" though

However, I guess you must be special casing CC license URLs as I don't offhand see the same two level results interface elsewhere apart from http://www.technorati.com/live/breakingnews.html .

Technorati does that automatically for sites that have a lot of recent links to multiple sub-pages. CNN.com or new.bbc.co.uk generally trigger it too.

If url and keyword queries could be combined (AFAICT they can't be) a Technorati watchlist could be an interesting way to perform an ongoing search for stuff to reuse.

That's an a important future direction...

Also, the new tags stuff is rather nice for that:

http://www.technorati.com/tag/creative%20commons