cc-metadata - Re: licence urls [was BitTorrent

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Kevin Marks <cc AT mediagora.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: licence urls [was BitTorrent
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:00:04 -0800

I'd like to speak up for rel="license", in my new role as extender of rel tags.
I do think licences should be URLs rather than URIs, but comparing URLs is indeed easy.

Looking up the licence root on Technorati give the most popular licences for the last 12 hours:

http://www.technorati.com/cosmos/search.html? rank=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcreativecommons.org%2Flicenses