cc-metadata - Re: query re content not covered by cc license

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Marc A. Garrett" <marc AT since1968.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: query re content not covered by cc license
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:51:45 -0400

Mike and James,

Thanks for your assistance. Here's a specific example from my site (I didn't include this link earlier because I wasn't sure of the list etiquette and didn't want to spam you guys on my very first post):

http://since1968.com/article/64/haft-awrang-1

If you look at the bottom of the page, I've made a human-friendly acknowledgement that I don't own the images in the article. But if you look at the source code, the images aren't mentioned in the Creative Commons license. I'm not sure how I'd handle the suggestion of "<dc:rights>(c) 2004 Bob Cook</dc:rights>," because my templating system inserts the same license on all site pages.

I guess it's not of immediate concern, but I'd like to future-proof my license tags as much as possible.

Thanks again.

--
Marc A. Garrett
marc AT since1968.com