cc-metadata - Re: License revisions

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: License revisions
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:30:07 -0800

Evan Prodromou wrote:
So, I'd like to find out what plans there are to handle the proposed
revisions to the CC licenses. Will there be any distinction made
between rights defined in the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the licenses?

As far as I can tell, at least the right of ShareAlike and Attribution
have been changed -- perhaps subtly, but changed. Would it be
reasonable to define new resource URLs for the new rights?

The new licenses will have new URLs, e.g.,
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I'm not planning on new resource URLs for license characteristics. The characteristics expressed in metadata are not intended to be fine-grained, rather serving as a rough guide to the permissions, prohibitions, and requirements associated with a license.

See also http://creativecommons.org/technology/metadata/why