cc-metadata - allowing XML rather than RDF

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Lucas Gonze <lgonze AT panix.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: allowing XML rather than RDF
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:32:20 -0500

I'd like to be able to use the CC schema at http://web.resource.org/cc/ in non-RDF XML. This is because the schema should be useful to people who, right or wrong, aren't willing to pay the RDF tax. A lot of people will not use RDF at this point, and there's no technical reason why that should prevent them from using the CC schema.

Obviously I can just go ahead and do that, but there is one small adjustment that would be nice. The namespace definition/description at http://web.resource.org/cc/ says "The CC schema lets you describe copyright licenses in RDF". If this said "The CC schema lets you describe copyright licenses in XML", it would be easier to sell people on using CC.

Thoughts?