cc-metadata - Re: Is there a "license-type" HTTP header standard?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <mbatsis AT humanmarkup.org>
  • To: metadata AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: Is there a "license-type" HTTP header standard?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:55:53 +0200

Aaron Swartz wrote:
Yep, this is what I was looking for, although I think what we want to say is rel="license" since actual copyright information (year, agent) is going to be found in a different location.

I don't think the spec defines rel=license.

AFAIK, there is no enumeration for the values of the rel attribute. This is good (you can put anything you find usefull in there) and bad (none will know what to do with it).

Cheers,

Manos