cc-metadata - Re: Is there a "license-type" HTTP header standard?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Aaron Swartz <me AT aaronsw.com>
  • To: Chris Snyder <chris AT psydeshow.org>
  • Cc: metadata AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: Is there a "license-type" HTTP header standard?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:32:51 -0600

Yep, this is what I was looking for, although I think what we want to say is rel="license" since actual copyright information (year, agent) is going to be found in a different location.

I don't think the spec defines rel=license.

I guess it's reasonable to ask if this is necessary-- if there was a service I could query or a "well known location"

The problem is few people want to license their whole domain. Maybe per-directory would work...

Do you have any idea how BitTorrent discovers license data on the binaries it serves?

BitTorrent has no provision for license data. (Unless you're talking about something else.
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com/]