cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Commercial Rights Reserved

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Heather Morrison <hgmorris AT sfu.ca>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Commercial Rights Reserved
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:40:20 -0800

re: non-free licenses:

May I suggest that it is a subset of the larger Creative Commons community
that wishes to reserve the term "free" for certain licenses? My idea of free
obviously is not the same as yours. I don't see anything free at all about
the commercial realm in any sense of the word; noncommercial is much closer
to free.

best,

Heather Morrison