cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Thoughts on NC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab AT web.de>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Josh Woodward <joshw AT joshwoodward.com>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Thoughts on NC
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:33:13 +0200

Hi Josh,

Am Samstag, 7. April 2012, 20:01:12 schrieb Josh Woodward:
> Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a few of my thoughts on the NC license
> from the perspective of a musician, not a legal scholar. I started

Nice to see you join in the discussion! I have most of your collection here
and plan to use it for RPG-sessions :)

>From a philosophical standpoint I actually prefer cc by-sa when reusing
>works,
but cc by is preferred by some, I think. And for university it is not always
easy to get the right to use something which requires releasing my own stuff
(without having a clear necessity for using it). So as long as there are only
a few musicians who share lots of stuff (like you), cc by seems to be the
most
profitable choice (profitable == strongest spread of your music).

Best wishes,
Arne