cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Adding the '+' Tag to The Creative Commons Licenses: CC+, to indicate the Openness of the License

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gonzalo San Gil <gonzalo.san.gil AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Adding the '+' Tag to The Creative Commons Licenses: CC+, to indicate the Openness of the License
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:23:12 +0200

 Hi @ll

I use to distribute my works under CC-By-SA 3.0u avoiding to add the NC Tag for the case that any@ne liked and were able to publish them in other formats.... and exploit them commercially.
Indeed, in my main work I added a [Written Note] stating this, asking to whoever that want to make commercial uses, to contact first with me.

This will share the economic benefits, if any, -with The Author(s)- while maintaining the current (Author's) conditions... and the subsequent Freedoms for Readers, Modifiers, etc.

The '+' Sign could be added to easily indicate that any condition should be modified (waived/added) through a PRIOR contact -and (written) agreement- with The Author(s)...

That is CC By-SA+, or CC By-ND+... and so on...