cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Adding the '+' Tag to The Creative Commons Licenses: CC+, to indicate the Openness of the License

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Adding the '+' Tag to The Creative Commons Licenses: CC+, to indicate the Openness of the License
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:47:49 -0700

I'm not sure I understand, can you provide more details?  Your suggestion appears very similar to the existing CC+ protocol.  CC+ isn't a license, but a means for communicating to the public that in addition to the rights granted by the CC license, you (the licensor) are willing to grant still more (but not less) permissions than the license already gives.  If implemented properly, the CC human readable deed indicates that additional permissions are available, facilitating that arrangement.

See http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CCPlus for an explanation, as well as use cases (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CCPlus#Use_Cases) and examples of organizations using CC+ to signal those additional permissions.

Or are you suggesting something different?

Diane