cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Is "podsafe" music affected by CRB rulings

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Lucas Gonze" <lucas.gonze AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Is "podsafe" music affected by CRB rulings
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:48:13 -0700

My point is that Jenny has a communication problem which will have to
be addressed using communication tools. Fiddling with licenses, as
the original poster proposed, won't help her. I'm not advocating not
telling her that NC will backfire, I'm advocating speaking truthfully.

That said, the best way to help her learn is to help her reap the
benefits of allowing commercial use. One way is to encourage the
creation of companies which must help CC creators in order to reap
profits. A for-profit Mixter is one example -- musicians wouldn't be
able to benefit from such a site if they didn't allow commercial use.

-Lucas