cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Slick DRM-Dave

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Slick DRM-Dave
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:35:48 -0500

Say it ain't so...

Slick DRM-Dave decides not to distribute CC files at all. He gives away a
clocked down program for a non-free OS. Joe User can sign up with Slick
DRM-Dave and give his credit card info. He can then use the app supplied by
Dave to load CC works(and other non-DRM works) onto Dave's platform locally.

Each time a file gets loaded on, the app phones home to Dave and indicates an
upload. Ath the end of the month, Dave bills Joe User a buck for each non-DRM
file put on the device.

Bam sookie - same thing as a platform monopoly. And now I can't even be happy
with locally applied DRM. Yes? No? problems with my analysis?

(da idea man)
National Novel Writing Month
Sayings (Winner 2006)
http://www.ourmedia.org/node/262954