cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Luis Villa" <luis AT tieguy.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:08:48 -0400

On 8/11/06, Paul Keller <paul AT waag.org> wrote:

On Aug 11, 2006, at 8:52 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-11-08 at 19:28 +0100, Rob Myers wrote:
>> And the PSP is not positioned as a media player. Sony's mistake,
>> but there you are. The better example is the iPod, which can be
>> handled more effectively by not allowing DRM distribution but
>> giving a special exception for rendering works inaccessible on
>> devices they cannot be removed on (an "iPod exception").
> I don't follow that. Can you unpack that a bit?
>> That would be more "pragmatic"...
> I'm not sure I understand how.

i dont get this either. at least my ipod plays mp3s just fine no
need to drm stuff to play on my ipod.... only situation where drm/tpm
is required is when i want to sell something through the ITMS. why
should i allow others to sell stuff i release under a CC license
through the ITMS?

If you don't want them to sell your content, that's what NC is for,
and is not the purpose of a DRM clause. Please keep the two issues
(DRM and NC) separate- this discussion is muddled enough as is.

Luis